Post-Divorce Decree

Lake County Post-Divorce Decree Lawyer

Libertyville Child Support And Parenting Plan Enforcement Attorney

I am dedicated to understanding clients' unique goals, as well their long-term legal needs.

Naturally, situations change. Whether you are looking to modify your divorce agreement or need help enforcing it, I will protect your best interests.

Looking to modify your divorce decree? Contact me today. I offer convenient appointments at my law office in Libertyville.

Experienced Modification Lawyer

My name is Cindy Lazar, and I have practiced law exclusively in Lake County since 1981. My practice is devoted entirely to family law. I have substantial experience helping clients resolve contested divorces by negotiating to protect their needs and goals.

More often than not, even the more effective divorce decrees need to be adjusted. I have a strong background helping clients modify their divorce agreements for a variety of reasons, such as:

  • Ex-spouse relocated with a new job
  • Ex-spouse remarried and no longer needs alimony
  • Child turned 19 so child support is no longer required
  • Ex-spouse lost his or her job and offers day care services
  • Ex-spouse is looking to increase their parental rights, after meeting courts' requirements

If you want the divorce decree modified or need help stopping your ex-spouse from adjusting it, I am well-prepared to help you. I have successfully represented hundreds of family law cases and will make sure your rights and your children's future are protected.

Enforcement Law Attorney

I have a strong background helping clients resolve emotionally draining disputes. I work with clients to make rational decisions by clearly explaining their legal options. At the same time, I aggressively fight to protect clients and their children when their ex-spouse fails to follow through with the divorce agreement.

Specifically, I have a strong background representing clients whose ex-spouse failed to meet alimony or child support agreements. When this occurs, I will quickly file a contempt motion with the court to:

  • Garnish wages
  • Suspend their license
  • Pursue child support payments that are now in arrears

I also defend clients wrongfully accused of not following through with the divorce agreement.

Contact Me

If you have questions about the terms of your divorce settlement or how to collect late child support or alimony payments, I am ready to help you. Contact me to schedule a convenient appointment.